As the RFID Research Engineer you will be working as a part of our global multidisciplinary research team leading the execution of our research projects to deliver new innovations to support our global RFID product design teams.
Your work will be focused on researching, concepting and evaluating novel antenna structures, emerging electronics manufacturing processes, new low power radio technologies and new technical raw material components. Your goal is clear: deliver new innovations to bolster our position as the innovation leader in the RFID industry.
In this role, you will:
Lead the execution of various research projects related to novel antenna solutions, new raw components & materials, new manufacturing processes and new low power radio technologies.
Plan and perform various DoEs to analyze and evaluate new technology concepts, new materials and processes.
Use prototypes to create proof of concepts to demonstrate the feasibility of new technologies for Intelligent Labels.
Work together with our global Product Development teams to handover new technologies and innovations for product implementation.
Collaborate with our suppliers, partners and research institutes to develop proof-of-concepts, technology and prototypes that are outside of the company internal capabilities.
Conduct research studies, develop technology, improve designs, evaluate new products, review and analyze technical literature and stay current on related issues and technical data.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in industrial or academic research & development activities.
- Experience in working and leading research projects.
- Experience with roll to roll process engineering and additive manufacturing technologies.
- You are resourceful and self-driven.
- You’re able to learn quickly and adapt to new situations, you’re used to working with cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
It is a plus if you have:
- Relevant PhD in engineering or science.
- Experience with RFID, BLE or equivalent low power radio technologies or printed electronics.
- Basic programming skills.
We not only embrace change… we drive it. We work hard, push hard, and take brave risks. Our culture is innovative and collaborative - where bold ideas turn into action. We grow strong talent through stretch opportunities only restricted by your interests. We are committed to workplace diversity, both for employees and for the business. We are a force for good, embedded in industries and communities worldwide. We are challenging ourselves and others to reach higher and think bigger to improve the quality of all life. Avery Dennison is a great place to work for everyone. We offer:
- State of the art facilities
- Workplace & work hours flexibility
- International environment
- A growing team with good spirit!
- Competitive total rewards
Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in knowing more about our Diversity & Inclusion approach, please go to https://www.averydennison.com/en/home/about-us/diversity-and-inclusion.html