For an online delivery platform like Wolt data science is a big opportunity. Our business has grown to a level (and keeps growing) where machine learning models for user acquisition, demand prediction, delivery time prediction, dynamic pricing, etc. can have a big impact. A more effective delivery platform will benefit everyone in our ecosystem: courier partners, merchants and consumers. We're looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our competence team of 15+ data science and analytics professionals in Helsinki or Berlin!
Data Scientists at Wolt are working with machine learning for the most important processes and parts of Wolt’s online delivery platform. The work consists of owning machine learning components as part of a product team; starting from prototyping all the way to maintaining and improving a production ready solution. We are using a variety of technologies and tools, e.g. Python, SQL, Spark, Snowflake, AWS, Looker, Airflow, MLflow, Kafka, Jenkins, and Grafana to get the job done.
You would focus on helping our new Marketing Tech team, who is focusing on taking our marketing automation to the next level. The team aims to provide data-centric solutions and services that empower stakeholders with automated advertisement buying, content generation, workflow automation, marketing insights, LTV modeling, and more while working at the intersection of data science, backend- and data engineering. On a daily basis, you would closely collaborate with product leads, engineers, designers and fellow data scientists. The team is currently based in Helsinki HQ (working remotely at the moment) but welcomes new members to the Helsinki HQ or Berlin, Germany.
- Plenty of hands-on experience with production level data science projects
- Deep understanding and experience with machine learning and solid understanding of (Bayesian) statistics
- Previous experience with data science projects in marketing domain, such as attribution modeling and marketing mix models, analyzing and optimizing campaign effectiveness, customer profiling and segmentation, predictive modelling (churn, different scoring models) for marketing activities
- Knowledge of experimental design and analysis, and A/B testing
- Understanding of digital marketing and CRM marketing processes
- Fluent programming skills in Python, which is our main language for data science projects and experience with databases (SQL)
- Analytical and curious thinking
- Interest to contribute towards our Data Science team
Our offering to you
You will be part of a team, who identify themselves as Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Business Intelligence Analysts. This means you will get a lot of peer support and sparring on your way growing as a data professional.
The online delivery platform that Wolt is building will offer you interesting and complex challenges but also opportunities to create a big impact with your skills. Lots of geolocational and temporal data in real-time combined with differences in the economics and dynamics of the cities we operate in make Wolt both challenging and oh so interesting company to practice analytics and data science.
You would get to work in a company culture where we take ownership beyond the obvious, do common things uncommonly well, we think big but stay humble, do right by people, we treat others kindly and justly, recognise that if we don’t learn, we won’t stay still but fall behind and keep in mind that Luke was Yoda’s greatest achievement. Read more about how we work.
If you want to check up on your application or have any further questions about the position you can turn to Talent Acquisition Partner Jenni Kivikoski at email@example.com at any given time.