As the Technology Manager you will lead our global Research teams and manage the technology & innovations portfolio and roadmap. You will be directing and managing complex engineering and science projects across a variety of technologies including but not limited to HF/NFC/UHF RFID, new emerging low power radio technologies, printable electronics and novel technical materials. You will also work closely with our suppliers and partners, including a variety of technical institutes and universities to develop new disruptive innovations to bolster our position as an innovation leader within the industry.
In this role, you will:
- Formulate, direct and manage research & innovation programs to meet organization and future market needs for new product features & improvements as well as related process innovations.
- Conduct research studies, develop technology, improve designs, evaluate new products, review and analyze technical literature and stay current on related issues and technical data.
- Collaborate with our suppliers, partners and research institutes to develop proof-of-concepts, technology and prototypes that are outside of the company internal capabilities.
- Lead technology scouting and road mapping activities.
- Perform employee development & management and act as a team role model and change-agent.
- Coordinate team efforts, create and manage a global research strategy and team operating plan.
- Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
- Work together with our global Product Development teams to handover new technologies and innovations for product implementation.
- Explore and gain understanding of market needs for innovations together with Product Management, Strategy and Sales.
- Minimum Master’s degree, or equivalent in engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in leading and managing technology projects or programs.
- 2+ years of experience leading engineering, or research teams.
- You are a resourceful, inspiring and self-driven innovation leader.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
It is a plus if you have:
- Relevant PhD in engineering or science.
- Experience working with printable electronics, antennas, various radio technologies or roll-to-roll processes.
- Experience working with RFID.
- Demonstrable success in developing new innovations.
We not only embrace change… we drive it. We work hard, push hard, and take brave risks. Our culture is innovative and collaborative - where bold ideas turn into action. We grow strong talent through stretch opportunities only restricted by your interests. We are committed to workplace diversity, both for employees and for the business. We are a force for good, embedded in industries and communities worldwide. We are challenging ourselves and others to reach higher and think bigger to improve the quality of all life. Avery Dennison is a great place to work for everyone. We offer:
- State of the art facilities
- Workplace & work hours flexibility
- International environment
- A growing team with good spirit!
- Competitive total rewards
Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in knowing more about our Diversity & Inclusion approach, please go to https://www.averydennison.com/en/home/about-us/diversity-and-inclusion.html